Current Job Postings
Current as of February 7, 2020
Director of Development
Full Time Position with Benefits
The explosive growth of the Rochester Fringe Festival is now demanding the energy and expertise of an experienced fundraising professional who loves the Fringe and will stop at nothing to tell everyone about it. Just as the performances at our 12-day festival are numerous, interesting, and varied, so too are the expected personas of the Director of Development.
- Detective: Leave no stone unturned in your search for national, regional, and local corporate sponsors.
- Matchmaker: Find and engage supporters who are a great fit for the Fringe and vice versa.
- Grand Marshal: Lead private and corporate donors through a parade of fun and well-managed cultivation events.
- Storyteller: Hold the attention of our audience of champions by walking them through the origin story of the Fringe to the excitement of today and the possibilities of tomorrow.
- Profitability Analyst: Demonstrate how the Fringe is a compelling case for investment in our community and in the arts.
- Gratitude Courier: Deliver well-deserved appreciation for the generosity of our supporters.
- Data Integrity Specialist: Leverage strong computer and analytical skills to ensure accuracy and consistency of internal donor/sponsor records and external representations (i.e. names & logos on website and print materials), and produce meaningful reports.
- Chameleon: Respond to the ever-changing needs of the Fringe, which on occasion will require you to pitch in to help in areas outside the scope of your core responsibilities.
We are looking for a collaborative, can-do person who exudes passion for the performing arts and for the fringe festival movement. Have you made a lot of connections (with businesses, foundations, and individuals) in the Rochester community and are eager to expand and strengthen these relationships? Do you have a reputation for excellent communication in all forms, the discerning ability to prioritize, and the tenacity to follow through on commitments, all the while delighting everyone with whom you interact? If those questions caused you to wave your arm frantically like a grade school student yearning to be called on, then we want to hear from you!
- 4 year degree required.Further education in development and fundraising considered a plus.
- 5 years of direct experience in development or corporate sponsorships, including leading and managing a team required.Focus on performing arts funding preferred.
- Established connections with businesses, foundations and individuals in the Rochester community required.
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Rochester Fringe believes in equal opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.