Current Job Postings
Current as of February 5, 2021
Director of Development & Donor Relations
We are hiring a full-time Director of Development & Donor Relations!
The explosive growth of the Rochester Fringe Festival is now demanding the energy and expertise of an experienced fundraising professional who loves the Fringe and will stop at nothing to tell everyone about it. Just as the performances at our 12-day festival are numerous, interesting, and varied, so too are the expected personas of the Director of Development & Donor Relations:
• Detective: Leave no stone unturned in your search for national, regional, and local corporate sponsors.
• Matchmaker: Find and engage supporters who are a great fit for the Fringe and vice versa.
• Grand Marshal: Lead private and corporate donors through a parade of fun and well-managed cultivation events.
• Storyteller: Hold the attention of our audience by walking them through the origin story of the Fringe to the excitement of today and the possibilities of tomorrow.
• Profitability Analyst: Demonstrate how the Fringe is a compelling case for investment in our community and in the arts.
• Gratitude Courier: Deliver well-deserved appreciation for the generosity of our supporters.
• Data Integrity Specialist: Leverage strong computer and analytical skills to ensure accuracy and consistency of internal donor/sponsor records and external representations (i.e. names & logos on website and print materials), and produce meaningful reports.
• Chameleon: Respond to the ever-changing needs of the Fringe, which on occasion will require you to pitch in to help in areas outside the scope of your core responsibilities.
Profile of our ideal candidate:
We are looking for a collaborative, can-do person who exudes passion for arts and culture, and for the fringe festival movement. We want someone who has a reputation for excellent communication in all forms, the discerning ability to prioritize, and the tenacity to follow through on commitments. In addition, we seek an experienced professional who matches the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and significant experience and expertise in development or corporate sponsorships that will enable positive, strategic, and sustainable impact.
- Already established connections with potential donors (businesses, foundations, and individuals) in the Rochester community.
- Experience with major gifts including a proven track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the four and five-figure range.
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistently produces excellent work, both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and changing environment while demonstrating flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Strong work ethic, responsive, proactive, organized, detail-oriented, efficient.
- Aptitude and interest in data analytics for donor management.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications.
Bonus points for meeting the following preferred criteria:
- Demonstrated success in developing and leading a department or team.
- Experience in arts/culture funding.
- Experience in capital campaigns.
- CFRE credential.
- Competence in Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rochester Fringe Festival, Inc. (the “Fringe”) is firmly committed to creating a respectful working environment and prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, sex, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, national origin, military status, color, marital status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristics protected by law. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination and harassment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits. All Fringe employees are responsible, individually and collectively, for fostering respect and teamwork in the workplace and for complying with this policy prohibiting discrimination and harassment in all facets of the Fringe’s business.